A Blacksmith Group is group of two to four men that gather regularly for prayer, accountability, encouragement, and the study of God's Word. "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17
Purpose: To glorify God by making disciples who will impact every area of the world for Christ.
1. Pray and ask God to bring one to three men to mind that He would have for your group.
2. Contact these men, pick a date and time to meet weekly or even bi-weekly if possible.
3. Open your Blacksmith Group meeting with prayer, and dedicate your time together with Him.
4. Make it known that all conversations are to be kept confidential. Share as openly as possible.
5. Move into accountability by asking each other some of the suggested questions listed below.
6. Encourage each other to look to God for strength. Contact each other during the week to see how you're doing.
7. After having met for a few weeks and you've built closer relationships, you may want to start reading a Christian book or study book and review it together during your group meetings.
8. Close your group meetings with prayer and thanksgiving. Lift each other up in prayer now and throughout the week.
Seven Promises of a Promise Keeper... (click on the Promise Keepers tab above).
Having first hand experience, I can tell you that a Blacksmith Group is a great way for men to meet with fellow brothers in Christ for accountability and growth in your spiritual life. It will enhance your personal walk with the Lord, your marriage and family life, and how you conduct yourself as a "godly man" in day to day living. If you have any questions regarding information on this page, please feel free to contact me any time. I look forward to hearing from you.
God Bless You Brothers!
Love In Christ,